I cant tell you how many times I have heard the words " You are such a Martha Stewart" (haha) I just love crafting, diy, painting, sewing, and home decorating. It gives me great satisfaction to look around my house and say " I MADE THAT!"

Friday, July 1, 2011

Momma's Little Firecracker

I want to share with you the tutu I made Abby today for a party! It came together in less than an hour, and only cost $7 (but I have enough leftovers to make 3 more) It is so simple...

From Jul 1, 2011

Measure elastic to your child's waist, and sew ends together or tie into a small knot.

I cut my strips about 16 inches ( I ended up trimming the ends down more after she tried it on)

Fold strip in half and hold loop on the inside of the elastic. Take ends and pull them through loop. Pull tight and your done. I did 1/4 of skirt blue, and 13 red and white stripes.

From Jul 1, 2011

From Jul 1, 2011

From Jul 1, 2011

From Jul 1, 2011

I added stars I cut out of white glittery scrapbook paper and hot glued them on! Here it is all done!


From Jul 1, 2011


From Jul 1, 2011

From Jul 1, 2011


Thanks for stopping by

Jeni

29 comments:

  1. SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL, YOU ARE SO LUCKY FOR SUCH A LOVELY MODEL..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a Beauty.. cute tutu too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and I love the simplicity of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this idea! I have wanted to make a tutu for my daughter but never dreamed it would be so easy!! I have some hairbows that use the same theme. The top left loop is blue star ribbon and the other 3 loops are red and white stripe ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I'm having a Red, White and Blue Linky Party today and I'd love for you to come join in on the fun!
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw this is SOOOO CUTE!!!!
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie! Love how the tutu turned out. :) Following you from Tip Junkie‘s link party. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog. Hope to see you there. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a little sweetheart love her tutu very pretty come see me over at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo stinkin adorable! Love your pictures and all of the sweet little captions! Thanks for sharing withthe Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute!! I love anything red-white-&blue. Your daughter is so cute. I babysit for a little girl named Abbie Grace :)

    Ali
    www.foundintheali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable. Both the Tutu and the little darlin'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loveit Going to try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome and very creative.... Beautiful Family also. God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't want to be a Debbie Downer but......how do you stabilize the strips? Do they stay in place, get tangled, etc? I would love to make a few of these for some little girls of friends. Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete